Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Back when Ashleigh and I were long distance dating, she introduced me to something magical... pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!!! Being avid pumpkin fans, we couldn't resist them. There was only one problem: the ones I loved were from Utah. The cookies were made by a grocery store called "Harmons." Before Ashleigh moved to Washington I vowed to create a delicious chocolate chip pumpkin cookie recipe. Doing so would allow us to indulge in glorious pumpkin cookie eating gluttony. None of the recipes I saw online had the flavor I was looking for. After some trial and error, I came up with our perfect concoction. In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, seeing pumpkin everywhere, and thinking about Ashleigh, I decided to make some.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
·         ½ cup granulated sugar
·         ½ cup brown sugar
·         ¼ cup molasses
·         1 egg
·         1 cup pumpkin
·         2.5 cups flour
·         1 teaspoon baking powder
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         ½ teaspoon salt
·         4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (if you like less spice flavor use 2 teaspoons, I just like a lot J )
·         2 teaspoon cinnamon (again if you like less spice use 1 teaspoon)
·         3 teaspoons vanilla extract
·         1 cup chocolate chips
·         ¼ cup vegetable oil (I use grapeseed)
·         ½ cup melted butter

Directions:
·         Preheat oven to 400 degrees
·         In a large bowl, combine/beat egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar
·         Combine molasses, pumpkin, vanilla extract, oil, and butter in the same bowl
·         In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until mixed
·         Add dry ingredients to wet and mix
·         Fold in chocolate chips
·         Roll balls of dough slightly smaller than a golf ball
·         Put dough balls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, flatten slightly (these cookies don’t spread out when baking)
·         Bake for 8-10 minutes 

Tada!



These cookies taste even more delicious once stored and put away for several hours. Similar to chili being even more tasty the next day. My step father even loves these and he hates pumpkin and cinnamon! Hope you enjoy! 

-The Gluttonous Panda

2 comments:

  1. My favorite are from Harmons too! When we visit we have to buy some, but I am hoping these are excellent!

    ReplyDelete