Example of the dough and flattening process:
TADA! Cue Final Fantasy / random RPG battle victory music:
· 1 cup butter, softened
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ¼ cup white sugar
· 1 (4.2 ounce) package instant Oreo pudding mix
· 2 ¼ cups flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 3 regular sized Hershey’s Cookies & Cream candy bar, chopped
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
· Mix together flour, salt, baking soda.
· In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars until the texture is smooth and light (30-45 seconds on low speed)
· Add in pudding mix to butter mixture and continue to beat until combined well.
· Add eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat until combined well.
· Add half of the dry ingredients and combine.
· Add the remaining half and combine.
· Fold in candy and chocolate chips
· Scoop half golf ball sized amounts of dough onto the baking sheet with about 2 inches between each other.
· Flatten the dough balls a bit
· Bake for 8-11 minutes (Its easy to over bake these - I like mine soft, so I try to not let the bottom get any brown or more than a slight light brown)
PS: When making another batch, make sure the cookie sheet is cooled down to room temperature before continuing.
Also, thank you to my wonderful wife Ashleigh for capturing the photos! She has her own blog and is a much more interesting writer than me. Check out her blog here:
Hope you decide to give the recipe a try. Enjoy!